Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Getting Ready To Roll (Again)

Quicksilver came back from J&R on Friday with new tires and oil and the Air Wings installed. The trip was uneventful, especially since there were no more speeding tickets.

We will be heading out tomorrow for a trip that will take us to Boscobel Wisconsin, Kanab Utah, Coos Bay Oregon, Vancouver BC, Osoyoos BC, possibly Edmonton Alberta and home. We should be gone about a month or so, but that is flexible and depends on how much fun we are having and how much we stop to explore.

The stop at Osoyoos is to get a new rack installed on the top of the trailer. Although the damage to the original one in the drag chute incident was relatively minor, it annoys me every time I look at it. I called Dian at Lees-Ure Lite, told her the story and the price she quoted for a new rack was so reasonable I couldn't pass it up.

Now, in my usual style, I have put off packing and preparing until the last possible minute. Now I have a busy day remaining ahead of me getting everything ready to go.

BTW, after weeks of no rain, it looks like it will start tomorrow:-(

No comments: