Friday, September 24, 2010

The Deal is Off

I was doing some investigating today and found problems with the Ford warranties on the Winnebago.  It seems that Ford was never made aware of the water immersion and, if they did find out about it, they would cancel the warranty remaining on the power train.  This would not apply to the engine but I found it was only three years/100,000 miles, not the five years that had been advertised and written on the sales agreement.  I am convinced the warranty duration was an honest mistake, but the concern about losing the rest of the warranty and hidden damage that might have been done by the water made us decide to back out.

Using the misrepresentation of the engine warranty as a reason, I rescinded the contract and asked for my deposit back.  The dealer was not happy but acknowledged I had the right to back out under the conditions and agreed to send me a cheque.

And now we are still looking.

No comments: