Wednesday, January 05, 2011

R.I.P. Shoe Tree

The Shoe Tree (I know there are many shoe trees but I think this was the most famous) was located on US 50 (the Loneliest Road in America) east of Fallon Nevada and pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Over the last few years, we have stopped here a number of times for a break and to wonder why all these people threw their shoes up into the tree.

No more. Some miserable vandals have cut the Shoe Tree down. I was surprised at the amount of anger and sadness I felt hearing this. It makes me wonder what was going through the minds of the vandal(s) as they sawed it down and think that this is a small example of the callous nature that too many humans exhibit. Those that do are a waste of good skin and air, a matter that should be rectified as soon as possible IMHO.

Goodbye Shoe Tree. We will miss you.

No comments: