Friday, July 08, 2011

Woodstock Ontario to Cambridge Ontario and back

Heather and Tom worked a half day while Sandy and I went to the Pancake House for breakfast. After noon, we left them packing their bikes for the ride to see Boomer and company in Ohio. I'm proud of the way that these two have taken to motorcycle touring and camping. They have their routine and everything they need has a place. We'll see them on Sunday when they get back.

When we arrived at Kim's, Robyn was napping and Jolene was still at day care. We had a chance to catch up with Mom before kids started appearing. When Mike brought Jolene in, she gave a shriek and ran for hugs making Grandpa Jim feel pretty good. Robyn, on the other hand, wanted no part of me. In fact, for the first while, she cried every time she looked at me. Slowly, she settled down.

Robyn having a snack

Mother and child reunion

Jolene amusing herself

Robyn might be part monkey

Then again, maybe this one will ride roller coasters some day

Take my picture, Grandma

A serious moment

Playing together, sort of

We had homemade pizza for supper. They use some special kind of Fleishmann's yeast that makes the crust come out sort of like a croissant. It was different and really good. Jolene really tucked into it, too.

Homemade pizza is great

After the little ones went to bed, Sandy and I drove back to Woodstock. The new key worked in the door and I managed to shut off the burglar alarm without setting it off. I read a bit before we settled in for the night.

Today's Route (65 van miles):


View Larger Map

No comments: