Wednesday, April 19, 2006

First Ride

Doug Dandeno came over yesterday to pick up a tour pack I was selling and shamed me into unleashing Quicksilver. The Wing fired up immediately and I put the appropriate covers on and checked the tires and oil. A quick shaedown ride to Falconbridge proved everything was working and then Sandy and I made a short loop.

Today, a warm and clear day, I headed out to Garson and then down the Garson-Coniston Road. This is a fun stretch with a few decent curves. I was following a new Victory 8-Ball that turned onto the road just ahead of me. At the end of the road, we fell in together and made a forty mile loop out to Whitefish and back to Timmie's on Lorne Street (where the bikes hang out). The rider, Joe Cecchetto, and I spent some time talking bikes and things before I had to head home.

Sandy and I rode to the Freedom Riders monthly dinner tonight.

It's good to be back in the saddle again.

No comments: