Thursday, July 30, 2015

More Cancellations

Another trip bites the dust. We had planned to go to North Carolina with some of the Freedom Riders in August after Interlochen. Gary and Dianne, Ray and Mary Ann, Nepper and Yo plus big Don all had reservations at Two Rivers and then all of us except Don planned to head on to the Outer Banks and then up to Williamsburg, Virginia.

Ray had to back out because he planned to head to the 75th Black Hills Motorcycle Classic in Sturgis, South Dakota. Nepper and Yo had other commitments and Gary and Dianne ended up having to look after their granddaughter. We decided to reschedule the expedition until next summer, while Sandy and I will still go to Interlochen (provided I can get the medical insurance).

This has been one big disappointment as far as our travel plans have gone, but I guess it beats some of the alternatives. We are now at the point where we are realizing that time is not endless and we need to get as much traveling done as we can before circumstances arise that force us to stay closer to home.

No comments: