Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

It is New Years Day, the start of 2011. Some people have said they were happy to see 2010 over with and I understand there were problems for others during the year. But, for Sandy and I, it was pretty good. New granddaughter, lots of travel, good friends and a new (to us) motor home. I hope that this upcoming year is half as good.

It has been unseasonably warm and even foggy the last few days. My yard is almost bare. I'm glad I sold my sled.


Our yard on New Years Day

We spent last night over visiting friends Doug and Carol in Hanmer. The also invited their neighbors Don and Pat. Don worked in the Inco Smelter Process Technology Department and was also a USWA 6600/2020 steward so we crossed paths regularly back in the day. We had a chance to reminisce and catch up during the evening. carol laid out a nice spread of finger food including a large shrimp ring and we had some hot wings to top it off.

Sandy, Carol, Pat and Don

Doug's Biker Santa - Anyone think this looks like Normie?

We all left shortly after midnight and Sandy and I made our way home carefully through dense fog.

We would like to wish all our friends a Happy and Successful 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: