Sunday, January 09, 2011

Woodstock Ontario to Sudbury Ontario

Sunday morning, time to head home. Before we left, Sandy was looking through the Canadian Tire flyer and saw that they had the bike lift that we were only able to get one of on Boxing Day listed for the same price at the Woodstock store. She pointed this out to Tom.

We were on the road about 8:00 AM. I proceeded east on the 401 at my new, slower pace, stopping at the service centre near Cambridge for fuel and a Mickey D breakfast. We followed the 401 to the 400 and headed north as usual, stopping again at Derek Roberts' Esso in Waubaushene for some food. I listened to Atlas Shrugged on the Zumo much of the way and finished the first half just before Sudbury.

The drive was uneventful. We noticed some fresh snow north of Parry Sound but the roads were clear. Police were largely absent but, at my new rate of travel, it doesn't make much difference because there is no way I would come to their attention.

We arrived home before 2:00 PM.

One thing I never mentioned from Friday. As I was out on Kim's front porch smoking, I watched the garbage men (sanitation engineers?) feed an entire couch into the back of a regular garbage truck. It crushed part of it, drew more in, crushed another section and kept that up until it was gone. I never knew one of those trucks could do that.

Today's Route (317 miles):


View Larger Map

No comments: