Monday, August 13, 2007

The Passing of a Fine Gentleman

Those of you who have followed our blog for a while may remember last July when we shared the great hospitality of Don "Very Short Person" Inamasu in Stockton, California. We shared several meals with his parents Leona and Frank.

It is with regret that I must inform you that Don's father Frank passed away Monday, August 6th at the age of 94. He led a long and productive life and it was an honour to have met him.

Here is a post Don made to the VROC newsgroup.

"Not many of you knew my dad. He worked until he was 79 years old. He basically died of old age at 94.

http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?I=LS000092390707X

The Obit is incorrect in that ONLY Dad and my Uncle Mas were sent to Japan from 1916 to 1929 to live with their father's parents. When Dad graduated from high school in Japan is when he and my Uncle returned to Stockton to join the rest of his family who had remained in Stockton."

No comments: