Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Visiting My Doctor

I made a call to our GP's office today and mentioned chest pains. The receptionist told me to come right in.

I described the burning pressure to Dr. Dube and suggested it felt like another blockage. He said it could be that or the stenosed aortic valve, and that he would book me for a stress test ASAP. He growled at me when I said I was till smoking, but was pleased when I said I would be starting by Champix (Chantix in the USA) prescription right away. I didn't want to before traveling due to possible side effects.

Regardless of outcome, my pre-existing condition is no on the books as unstable and my regular travel insurance won't cover anything heart related for six months after it becomes stable again. The June Wisconsin trip and the July California/Idaho trip won't be happening.

No comments: