Monday, October 05, 2009

Back To The Gym

I went back to the YMCA gym this morning, hitting the floor about 7:00 AM. First time since June 2nd. I always promise I will go over the summer, but never do.

To avoid any bad effects from suddenly increasing my activity level, I started slow. Just the treadmill at about half the elevation I was doing when I stopped and half the weights at lower levels. I felt pretty good when I got done despite the poor fitness level my heart rate monitor showed.

Strangely, after Labour Day when I focused on eating better, my weight actually went up a few pounds. That is frustrating since I hope to drop the remaining thirty pounds by spring.

But where I am now is no big deal. It's where I will be after a winter of steady work that has me excited. Wish me luck.

No comments: