Sunday, October 11, 2009

More Waterloo

Slept late again today. I never do this at home.

Heather and Sandy went shopping while Tom and I headed over to the driving range to hit a few balls. It was way too cold and windy, but that didn't stop us. I haven't swung a golf club in fourteen months and, as you might expect, it wasn't pretty. I did start to get it going a bit near the end of the bucket.

Often, when practicing, I will split the skin on the side of my right middle finger do to improper grip pressure. Didn't feel anything today so I was surprised when I looked at my finger and saw I had torn a slab of skin right off the side. The finger was so cold I didn't even feel it. That's why I carry band aids in the golf bag.

We had a quiet afternoon and then Heather and Tom went out to see a band at Oktoberfest while Sandy and I watched a movie on the DVD. We turned in early.

No comments: