Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Waterloo Ontario to Sudbury Ontario

The Road Home

No pictures today.

We got up at 7:00 and watched the season finale of the TV series House. That was a downer. Then I couldn't find my blood pressure medications. Maybe they are in the bike's trunk, Sandy suggested. No, I said, they are probably back at the cabin. So I naturally found them a bit later in the bike trunk.

They forecast rain starting in Sudbury about 2:00 PM. It was cool when we headed out at 9:00. I got off Highway 400 in Barrie and took the short jaunt north to the Midhurst Coffee House to show Sandy. No sooner had I entered than the SAME LADY made a comment about my vest. I told her that she had called me a Hells Angel yesterday. She remembered. Her name is Ruth, she worked for Ontario Hydro as a receptionist before retiring, her ancestral home is Cape Breton and she spends a lot of time in the Midhurst Coffee House:-)

For once we caught a weather break. It wasn't raining when we got to town about 3:00 and it held off long enough for me to mow both our lawn and the one next door. OK, when it comes to yard chores the weather was our friend. BTW, I am finding that bagging my grass clipping (now that the City picks them up again) is much easier on both the mower and I than mulching.

We'll be home for almost two weeks before heading out again. Anybody interested in where we are going next can check out our itinerary, which will be updated from time to time.

1 comment:

Sabreton said...

Hey Skid, Ghost here, of VROC and Zen fame. Cool blogging site.

I see from your blogs that your daughters are in Cambridge and that you guys make it down here periodically. Well, Barb and I just moved to Cambridge a couple of months ago. If you feel so inclined, drop us a line next time you come down this way. My email addy is gr8_canuck@hotmail.com .

Good to see you guys are still out exploring life on two wheels. Keep the shiny side up!

Ghost aka Hans