Monday, September 03, 2007

West Montrose Ontario to Fort Erie Ontario

Labour Day

It was overcast this morning and the dew had fallen after we went to bed. I had taken the awning down yesterday to keep it dry. We tore down the trailer and all the family tents in short order. Then, after saying goodbye to as many people as we could find, we headed out.

BTW, Ed and Eileen, if you're reading this, it was great to meet you and compare roads. Hope to see you again before too long.

Kim & Mike went straight home while Sandy and I led Heather, on the Rebel, and Tom, in his car, to the Waterloo condo. Then we went on to Kim& Mike's in Cambridge where I picked up my Email and we helped Mike hang all the tents to dry in his basement. They made us a quick lunch and then we headed out.

My Email told me the gathering of friends in Bloomington Indiana had hit a snag, but they had secured a friendly KOA in Terre Haute at a discounted rate. Not much of a change in itinerary. Since we had a few days, I planned to cross at Buffalo and come across the south side of Lake Erie. Rather than try the border on Labour Day, I reserved a room at the Comfort Inn in Fort Erie.

The overcast had cleared and the temperature went up to 30C as we took Highway 8 to Hamilton and then let Stella lead us on back roads all the way to Fort Erie. After checking in,we went over to Subway and got some sandwiches for supper. Then it was early to sleep since we were both pretty tired.

No comments: