Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Under The Weather

This morning, I woke up with a burning chest cold. Loose cough, head clear. As the day progressed, this moved into my head and my sinuses plugged up.

I looked up The New Bancroft Motors and called their service department to see if they had gotten the car. Sure enough, all was in order and they said they would call me when they had diagnosed the problem.

The dentist office has an opening for me Thursday morning. Since the broken one was a tooth the dentist wanted to cap, they started talking about doing some of the cap prep work on the root. I tried to explain that I don't want to mess with anything serious until the season is over. Maybe, with the cold, I'll just get them to file off the one sharp corner that keeps cutting my tongue.

Steve at Bancroft Motors called back to say the fuel pump needed to be replaced, but he had to order one. If it is in tomorrow morning, the car will be ready mid-afternoon. We started planning on a Sudbury/Bancroft/Cambridge/Sudbury loop. It needs to be done in one day so that I can be back for the Thursday dentist appointment.

I hooked up the big enclosed trailer. The Ergo cruising pegs on the bike came off here, since this would save shop time. I'm not sure if I'll put them back on or not, since I hardly use them. The bike went into the trailer and I started south at a slow but steady pace, trying to conserve fuel. Traffic was light and the trip down was uneventful.

The bike got dropped off at J&R Cycle. The work order called for the first valve adjustment, cleaning the air filter, oil & filter and a general service. I then took the trailer over to Scott Tapley's RV place to get some new tie-down locations installed. Much lighter, I headed back home. Just south of Parry Sound, the southbound traffic was stopped because someone had managed to get their car on its side blocking both lanes of traffic. Luckily, I was going the other way.

By the time I got home, the head part of the cold was fully involved. I took some Neocitran and a couple of nightime sinutabs. We watched American Idol and then caught up on a couple fo recorded shows but I had to fight to stay awake.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I hope I'm up for it.

No comments: